Velawoods English offers a unique immersive English language Course. You develop all your English language skills through living in the virtual town of Velawoods, where you interact with a range of characters using engaging activities and speech analysis technology.
The high quality animated environment and the developing storylines provide multiple opportunities for you to learn the language, with new language always introduced, taught and practised in a realistic context.
Velawoods English content is endorsed by Cambridge University Press. Cambridge English Language Assessment created and validated the placement and Course tests and vetted all other in-course assessments. Course tests are linked to Cambridge English’s internationally recognised qualifications
Contextualisation is one of the most important ingredients in Velawoods English – an ingredient that is all too often missing from other online English courses. Velawoods English offers many hours of contextualised practice, with a wide range of opportunities to use English for realistic purposes: social conversations, buying a meal, organising a trip, getting to know your neighbours, helping your friends solve problems, working in an office, and so on.
Velawoods English is nothing like other online English courses filled with boring and repeated drag and drop and flashcard activities. It is an ongoing, continually engaging role-play, taking in new situations and contexts all the time.
• Certificate of completion at the end of each Course
• 100s of interactive practice activities
• Comprehensive Course that develops your speaking, reading, grammar, vocabulary and writing.
• Your own 3D virtual teacher to help and guide you.
• Compare your pronunciation to that of native speakers and quickly build your speaking confidence
• Courses are aligned to the CEFR, the international standard for defining language ability.
• Personalised, continuous and clear feedback powered by advanced analytics
• Carefully structured as a complete self-study course.